Perfect Family Day in London Tour
A fantastic day out for the family including fun for all generations. You will visit the best sights, toy shops and restaurants London has to offer adults and children for a family day in London. Looking for landmarks London museums and all the places to visit in London with your kids? Then this plan is all you need.
London is a city that is full of history and culture. There are many attractions to visit and sights to see, which means you and your family will never be bored whilst exploring London with your family. The perfect family day out in London is one where you can visit all of the major attractions while also discovering some of the lesser-known gems that are hidden in the city. A visit to London should be full of different activities and experiences to discover new things. This visit is for all types of people from adults to your children. The visit includes big attractions like the Madame Tussauds Museum, and The London Eye but also smaller places such as toy museums, parks, shops and cafes.
A visit to London should include different experiences and this visit will visit all types of places in the city. People visit London for many reasons: to visit family, go on holiday or visit popular destinations. People visit London for all kinds of reasons from seeing landmarks such as The Shard to special events at many London Theatres. A visit to London should allow you to visit as many things as possible in the city. The visit includes places to visit and things to do with your family- it doesn’t matter how many people you have, this visit is perfect for a group of any size. This tour will make you very happy taking in all of the sights and sounds. The visit was full of activities for both kids and adults. It is a great travel plan for those who also want a visit to a more authentic London.
- Sherlock Holmes Museum London
- Madame Tussauds Museum London
- The Cartoon Museum London
- Hamleys London – Finest Toy Shop In The World
- The Lego Store Leicester Square
- Hard Rock Cafe London – Lunch
- The Children’s Play Area Jubilee Gardens
- Unicorn Theatre London
- Pizza Pilgrims – Dinner Option 1
- Arabica Borough Market – Dinner Option 2
Sherlock Holmes Museum London
Starting the day with activities for kids in London. Discover how the world’s most famous detective solved his cases by visiting his house.
The museum is dedicated not just to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Sherlock Holmes, but also to Mary Morstan Watson, Dr. John H. Watson’s future wife from “A Study in Scarlet” (1887). Of course, no Sherlock Holmes adventure is complete without the appearance of his most famous adversary, Professor Moriarty.
The museum was created by Hettie Potter & Associates of London, and the attention to detail is exceptional. It has been decorated to look like Sherlock Holmes’ home and includes many artifacts from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s writings, such as a deerstalker hat, pipes, magnifying glasses, and other items. The gift shop has some fantastic items for aspiring investigators.
- See – Watch the films “The Hound of the Baskervilles” and “The Sign of Four”, featuring Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.
- Buy – Dr. Watson’s own writings feature excerpts of Sherlock Holmes’ casebooks.
- Do – Get dressed up as a 19th-century detective.
- Listen – Listen out for the sound effects recreated of how London would have sounded in the 1880s- this really helps transport you back in time.
- Don’t – Visit Professor Moriarty’s Library which contains numerous files relating to his evil genius.
Madame Tussauds Museum London
Meet the world’s most renowned people. You won’t believe your eyes when you see over 150 magnificent life-like wax figures. Before entering the Marvel Super Heroes 4D movie experience, don’t miss out on once-in-a-lifetime photo chances with celebrities, historical figures, sporting stars, and music giants.
Marie Tussaud, a wax sculptor, founded Madame Tussauds London in 1884. They were founded in Marylebone, London, but relocated to Marylebone Road in the 1970s. There are numerous other museums placed all across the world. With over 6 million visitors each year, Madame Tussauds London has become one of the world’s most popular attractions.
Madame Tussauds has influenced the thoughts of people from all over the world for many years, according to history. We cannot overestimate her influence on society as a whole. Wax figurines, for example, are considered to be so precise that they may provide viewers with an authentic likeness of celebrities who differ in size and station. The nicest part of the museum is examining all of the magnificent wax figures and the various locations throughout the museum where you can get up close and personal with them. Posing with celebrities, historical figures, and sports stars will be a lot of fun. Have a good time dressing up, snapping selfies, and playing games.
We are looking forward to welcoming guests without fear of legal repercussions on July 19, 2021. However, our safety and hygiene standards remain in place, with additional safeguards in place for your peace of mind, such as the continuous usage of a facial covering while visiting attractions.
Madame Tussauds is a short walk from Baker Street Station as you begin your journey.
- See – Hop onto London’s black cabs for a journey on the ‘Spirit of London’ ride. A memorable journey through the capital’s history. You will see what shaped London through the most famous historical and cultural events.
- Buy – Great gifts for the kids.
- Photo Point – Step onto the red carpet with a giant Iron Man or stand side by side with some of the most famous villains in popular culture – The Joker, Darth Vader, and Cruella De Vil. Plus there’s more fun to be had with Star Wars and DC Comics characters.
- Do – Madame Tussauds London’s new 4D movie features Marvel Super Heroes like Captain Marvel, Thor, Black Panther, and Spider-Man fighting Loki to save the world.
- Don’t jump on people like Arnold did, pretending to be The Terminator!
The Cartoon Museum London
Bu gönderiyi Instagram’da gör
Discover the greatest in British cartoons and comics! This is an excellent method to understand how cartoons have evolved from their inception almost 200 years ago. Cartoonists have been creating inventive stories that fall between humour and art for centuries, from being utilized for political satire in 18th-century England to having their day in Hollywood.
The Cartoon Museum is a museum dedicated to cartoons, comics, and all things animated. The effort was led by Sam Jacob Studio, which created the new facility to promote the significance of cartoons as an art form through architecture. Inside, there are exhibitions of classic artwork by artists such as Carl Barks and Bob Clampett, as well as displays of works on paper such as drawings, storyboards, and animation cels. Comics have made significant contributions to culture throughout the years, so it stands to reason that a world-class museum experience, complete with immersive halls full of original comic strip panels where visitors can get up close and personal, would exist in London.
The Museum also houses an archive of over 20,000 original drawings by political cartoonists such as Hogarth, Gillray, and Cruikshank, as well as graphic novels ranging from Ronald Searle and Raymond Briggs to Posy Simmonds and Bill Tidy to the present day.
Don’t miss the exciting exhibitions on the show every month showcasing the very best in Comic Art history and design. There is a one way system to follow and all the PPE has been put into place.
- See – 300 original political cartoons.
- Buy – Amazing Cartoon books, cards, and gifts. Fun toys for the kids.
- Do – Catch the Cartoon Workshops and Exhibitions. Get inspired and get drawing.
- Don’t draw on any of the exhibits. 😉
Hamleys London – Finest Toy Shop In The World
Bu gönderiyi Instagram’da gör
Welcome to the biggest toy store on the planet! You will visit the world’s largest toy store, 188-196 Regent Street, London, which has over 50,000 toys on 7 floors of retail space. If you go, don’t forget to check out their Experience Zone, which has something for everyone, from driving simulations to a large maze where you can make your own poster on a massive Etch-a-Sketch!
When one enters Hamleys, they are immediately immersed in a world of joy and wonder. The sound of youngsters playing with their toys can be heard throughout as they explore each floor on their journey up in search of new games or old favorites that bring back memories.
The Hamleys’ narrative began with a man named William Hamley in Cornwall, England. He could have been a tin miner or a fisherman, but he choose to create his own toy store. This desire became a reality in 1760, when William opened “Noah’s Ark” at the age of 27 and with no previous retail experience. By 1837, this modest store had grown into The Finest Toy Shop in the World, as families flocked to see what was inside!
Do not miss the Tri-Wizard Tournament to test your magical skills.
- See – Imagine how much fun it would be to take part in the Hamley Bear Dance Party! Join him on a journey of adventure as he stretches, spins, and grooves to all your favorite tunes. You never know who you might meet along the way or what new moves they may teach you.
- Buy – You’ll be able to find a large variety of toys, such as Barbie dolls, board games like Cluedo (Clue) and Monopoly, puzzles such as the largest selection in the world, and more.
- Do – Hamley Bear is the newest goalie sensation. He’s got a great kit, and he knows his way around the goal box! Join him at The Finest Toy Shop in World where you can test your skills against Hamley’s penalty-shooting prowess. Come get an autograph from one of England’s best shot-stoppers.
- Listen – The Tortoise and the Hare is one of those timeless tales that has been retold for ages. The Hamleys Puppet Theatre in London brings this story to life with a BRAND-NEW show! Team Magic or Team Fun? Pick your side as these two classic characters race for the finish line, laughing all along their way on On Your Marks…Get Set…Go!.
The Lego Store Leicester Square
Have fun constructing using bricks. The London store has a large assortment of toy sets and accessories, as well as exclusive items and engaging activities for both children and adults.
The Lego Store Leicester Square first opened its doors in London on December 2, 2003, and it is currently a renowned tourist destination in the city. It houses the world’s largest Lego model, which measures 44 feet x 36 feet x 11 feet. Scenes from 12 distinct Lego sets, including “Lego City” and “Pirates of the Caribbean,” are included in the sculpture.
Visit every spectacular installation, including a 6.53-meter-tall LEGO Tower of London, Big Ben, the London Bus, the Shakespeare Globe Theatre, and much more! Have some fun with bricks by visiting the Design Lab and creating your own original construction using virtual bricks, or by sitting in one of the 2D Workstations and having a LEGO model made for you.
Make sure to stop by The Lego Mosaic Maker. This is a machine that creates little portraits out of Lego blocks. Before producing instructions and the bricks required to construct the image, the machine captures an individual’s photograph.
- See – The store is very creative and interactive. It has a Lego-built roller coaster, slide, 4 stories tall treehouse, donut machine, telescope, cars with working steering wheels, and engines. The building of the Lego store also features creativity as there are lego pieces sticking out from the top that you can move and build your very own creations.
- Buy – Lego sets and mini-figures, but also feature products such as Lego clothes, books, statues, vinyl collectibles, games, cuddly toys, and more.
- Do – Visit the Market section to see samples of some of the best international creations that have been sent into the store by children from all over the world.
- Don’t – Never step on any Lego as it will hurt! 🙂
Hard Rock Cafe London – Lunch
Have lunch with Hollywood’s A-list! This cafe franchise was created in 1971 in London, England by Isaac Tigrett and Peter Morton. It all started with the two going to an Elvis exhibit at Drury Lane Theatre, which invited celebrities to brush shoulders with their fans.
The Hard Rock Cafe Piccadilly Circus is ideal for individuals seeking to visit London because it serves cuisine favorites such as burgers and fries. You can also go to the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown London, which offers a shopping and dining experience as well as attractions such as memorabilia displays and music exhibits.
The Hard Rock Cafe London narrative begins in 1971, when Isaac Tigrett and Peter Morton go to see an Elvis display at Drury Lane Theatre. They come with the intention of creating comparable exhibits for other musicians, including Jim Morrison, John Lennon, Jerry Lewis, and Chuck Berry. They opened the Hard Rock Cafe London on Old Compton Street in Soho in 1973.
Local Tip About Tipping Guide
It is customary to leave a tip of 10% to 15%, and check your bill in case a service charge is added.
- Taste – You must try the delicious burgers, sides, and desserts.
- Buy – The New Lionel Messi Hard Rock Clothing Collection.
- Do – Check out the fabulous musical history of the world’s best musical legends.
- Listen to live music every Thursday.
- Don’t – Try not to show off your dancing skills when you hear your favorite music hits.
Bonus: Milk Train
In Milk Train Cafe, you will be able to get a candy-floss ice cream cone and a mix of other ice creams. Time to try your very first candy floss ice-cream.
Bonus 2: Udderlicious London
It is a quaint little ice cream shop. They specialize in flavors and have classic, creative and vegan flavors. They also serve sorbets and ice cream cakes. They have been experimenting with recipes for years. Its mission is to only use the best ingredients possible so that your taste buds are happy with every single lick. Taste the most delicious ice-cream.
Bonus 3: Gabriel’s Wharf London
Gabriel’s Wharf is an exciting area enjoying a constant regeneration with old warehouses being turned into new bars, restaurants, and shops ranging from design-led to art galleries and designer-makers. A unique shopping experience.
The Children’s Play Area Jubilee Gardens
The wonderful adventure playground. It’s a terrific way to unwind and explore. Take advantage of the fresh air. The children’s playground is designed for youngsters aged 3 to 11, making it a perfect spot for adults to visit with their children.
The Jubilee Gardens Trust, a local charity that oversees Jubilee Gardens, was created in 1991 and is made up of residents’ organizations, local businesses, and surrounding landowners. They hope to manage Jubilee Garden so that everyone can enjoy it 365 days a year.
The history of London’s Children’s Play Area Jubilee Gardens dates back to the early 1990s. It has a varied and interesting history. There are family-friendly games and activities, as well as mature trees and lawns.
The restrooms are located in the Gardens’ northwestern corner. There is also a wheelchair-accessible toilet. The toilets are open daily at 10 a.m. and there is a fee. Bring your camera to record the breathtaking views of London’s landmarks, including the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- Photo Point – Capture London landmarks: the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- Do – Your kids will love playing on the adventure playground.
- Don’t – Please keep the environment clean and tidy. Place all litter in nearby waste mins.
Bonus: Shrek’s Adventure London
Shrek’s Adventure is a great way to enjoy an interactive visit to the fairytale world that Shrek lives in. You can meet famous characters from the movie, watch live shows, visit 10 different themed areas, and journey with the stars of the show. The fairytale of a lifetime.
Bonus 2: London Eye
Rise high in the clouds of London. The London Eye is the world’s largest cantilevered observation wheel. It has won over 85 awards for national and international tourism, outstanding architectural quality, and engineering achievement.
The Shard London
The best view in London. This is the tallest skyscraper in London, and it has residential apartments, hotel rooms, restaurants, offices, and viewing platforms. It is an award-winning structure with a global reputation for offering a spectacular view of the city.
If you are visiting London, you must see The View from The Shard, which boasts over 270m of high-quality glass for superb visibility day and night. In London, you may visit a variety of sites, including the Thames River and other parks. It also provides a breathtaking day perspective at 1,000 feet from Western Europe’s tallest structure. You can go up to the observation deck at the top of The Shard for a great view of London.
Renzo Piano-designed the Shard, which was completed in 2012. The Shard is the tallest building in Europe and the tallest building ever built with a steel structure.
If you have any inquiries about the restaurants, hotel, and any other businesses within The Shard, please visit The Shard main website.
- See – The view from The Shard has more than 270m of high-quality glass for excellent visibility day and night.
- Do – You can visit The View from The Shard 7 days a week and visit the restaurants at levels 68, 69, 72 and the hotel at level 68.
Unicorn Theatre London
Bu gönderiyi Instagram’da gör
Unleash your imagination and watch the best family shows! This is the UK’s largest children’s theatre. All of the productions are original and ambitious, as well as kid-friendly.
The Unicorn Theatrical Company is the current theatre champion of London. They’ve won nine awards and been nominated for 18, including a Peter Brook Award in 2014, a TMA UK award in 2013, and their first Fringe First back when it was just called ‘Fringe.’
The Unicorn Theatre has a long history that stretches back to 1981. In 1982, a small group of people started the theater out of their homes. The Enchanted Forest, We’re Going on a Bear Hunt, and Babes in the Wood are the best shows to see at the Unicorn Theatre. Famous actors such as Benedict Cumberbatch and Miranda Richardson have performed at the theatre.
- See – The best family theatre shows.
- Do – Bring your own drinks and snacks. Check out their calendar to be aware of events upcoming.
- Don’t – Hot drinks are not allowed in the auditorium.
Pizza Pilgrims – Dinner Option 1
Bu gönderiyi Instagram’da gör
Taste the finest pizza you’ve ever had! There is a wide variety of pizzas available, including vegetarian pizzas and pizzas from around the world. The day of London attractions has come to an end!
Pizza Pilgrims is a huge pizzeria in London that was founded in 2009 by two close friends, Will Beckett and Nadia Cech. They opened their pizzeria in order to convey the special flavor of Neapolitan pizzas to Londoners.
The restaurant has many huge tables that are ideal for large groups. Plus, because there’s an ice cream parlor above, everyone can complete their meal with waffles, shakes, gelato, and ice cream!
Local Tip About Tipping Guide
It is usual to leave a 10% tip.
- Taste – Pizza as if it is from Naples, Italy.
- Buy – You must also try our famous Nutella desserts.
- Don’t visit Pizza Pilgrims on your own. It might sound like a good idea, but this pizzeria is all about the communal experience – visit with friends or visit with family!
Arabica Borough Market – Dinner Option 2
Bu gönderiyi Instagram’da gör
A feast from the Middle East. The restaurant was founded on a love of Lebanon’s cuisine.
The environment is vibrant and upbeat, with a soundtrack that will brighten your spirits. The lively array of colorful meze or small meals presented will provide enough of options for meat eaters, pescatarians, vegetarians, and vegans alike. The cuisine varies in style, but all offer fresh food hot off the grill – ideal for family gatherings or individual delight any time you want to eat out!
Join them for a true taste of London at Market Traders. Their railway arch is located in the middle of Borough Market, only minutes from London Bridge, and serves classic cuisine with Levantine characteristics such as Middle Eastern-style lamb shawarma wraps or baklava tarts to satiate your sweet tooth when you’re seeking something delicious. They also have an extensive drink menu, so try one of their distinctive recipes!
Local Tip About Tipping Guide
A tip of 10% to 15% of the entire bill is customary. Examine your bill to check if a service charge was imposed.
- See – Do not miss their creative chefs cooking at the polished concrete bar.
- Taste – Amazing charcoal-grilled dishes.