Kadikoy is located on the Asian side and is one of the most popular districts of Istanbul. It attracts millions of tourists each year. The new Istanbul Airport is on the European side in a district called Arnavutköy. Thus, you will change continents to reach Kadıköy.
Fortunately, there are many fast and easy ways to do that. For example, there is HavaIst, car rent, busses, and taxi options. In this blog, we will discuss those ways and give you options from which you can choose the best fit for yourself to get from Istanbul Airport to Kadikoy!
Also, you can always check out this blog post of us to compare two of the airports in Istanbul via Which Airport is Best to Fly and is Closest to Istanbul?
- 1. What is the cheapest way to get from Istanbul Airport (IST) to Kadıköy?
- 2. What is the fastest way to get from Istanbul Airport to Kadikoy?
- 3. How far is it from Istanbul Airport to Kadıköy?
- 4. How do I travel from Istanbul Airport (IST) to Kadıköy without a car?
- 6. Can I drive from Istanbul Airport to Kadıköy?
- 7. Where can I stay near Kadıköy?
1. What is the cheapest way to get from Istanbul Airport (IST) to Kadıköy?
Are you wondering about what is the cheapest way to get from Istanbul Airport (IST) to Kadıköy?
Actually, taking a bus from the new Istanbul Airport to Kadıköy is the cheapest option. Yet, there is no direct bus to Kadıköy from Istanbul Airport. You can go to a place nearby Kadıköy and transfer to another public transport to reach Kadıköy.
You will need the Istanbul Card for those public buses, and one way costs 15.34 TL.
The H-1, H-2, H-3, H-4, H-6, H-7, H-8 buses go to Mahmutbey metro, Mecidiyekoy, Halkali, Mescid-i Selam, and Haciosman/Sariyer. To go to Kadıköy, you can chose, H-2, which goes to Mecidiyeköy Metrobus, and you can transfer to the Söğütlüçeşme metrobus there. Afterwards, you will be in Kadıköy. This is the fastest and easiest way if you want to choose the bus option.
2. What is the fastest way to get from Istanbul Airport to Kadikoy?
Of course, as expected, renting a car or taking a taxi are the fastest two options. But, keep in mind that renting a car is itself a process and will take around 40 mins. Thus, if you don’t want to lose 40 mins, you had better take a taxi to the city center. It will take you around 50 mins to reach Kadıköy by taxi, and it will cost you around 550 – 650 TL.
3. How far is it from Istanbul Airport to Kadıköy?
The distance from Istanbul Airport (IST) to Kadıköy is approximately 65 km. Don’t forget to check our blog World’s Largest Airport in Istanbul to learn more about IST!
Check out most loved Istanbul attractions by HeyTripster readers:
4. How do I travel from Istanbul Airport (IST) to Kadıköy without a car?
If you do not opt for renting a car, there are, as I mentioned, many other options such as taxis and buses. There is one more option, HavaIst.
HavaIst is right now the only shuttle service to and from Istanbul Aırport. It takes around 120 mins.
Getting to those shuttle services is very easy. After you claim your luggage, you will move to the exit. There are elevators waiting for you, you will go to the bus floor, which is the second floor, and you will see many buses there. Take the one which says Kadıköy.
You can have more information about Havaist on its website.
How long does it take to get from Istanbul Airport to Kadıköy?
How long it takes to get from Istanbul Airport (IST) to Kadıköy depends on the transformation you choose.
By taxi or car, it will take around 50 mins. By Havaist, it will take around 120 mins.
6. Can I drive from Istanbul Airport to Kadıköy?
You can definitely drive from Istanbul Airport to Kadıköy. As I mentioned above, you can rent a car for that purpose.
Be sure you have the internet as well since driving around Istanbul can be tricky. You can get your internet inside of the Airport from Turkcell/ Turktelekom stores.
Car renting in Istanbul per day starts from 600 TL.
7. Where can I stay near Kadıköy?
Kadıköy is no doubt one of the best places to stay in Istanbul in a way, it is not only central but also an elite district. It is near many landmarks and has many transportation vehicles like metrobus, metro, ferry, and bus to other tourist destinations.
Kadıköy appeals to all kinds of budgets with countless hostel, hotel, and Airbnb options. You can choose the one that fits you the best! Also, if you’re looking for a close hotel near airports in Istanbul, you can check our blog on The 10 Closest Hotels to Istanbul Airports!
Near attractions in Kadıköy?
Kadıköy is a bustling district with plenty of attractions nearby. Some popular ones include the Moda neighborhood, which is known for its trendy cafes and parks, the Kadıköy Bazaar, which offers a traditional Turkish shopping experience, and the Haydarpaşa Train Station, an iconic landmark with stunning architecture. You can also visit the Kadıköy Fish Market to taste some delicious seafood or take a ferry ride to the historic peninsula for more sightseeing opportunities.
Kadıköy appeals to all kinds of budgets with countless hostel, hotel, and Airbnb options. You can choose the one that fits you the best!
Where is Istanbul Airport located?
What is the nearest airport to Kadıköy Istanbul?
How to travel between New Istanbul Airport and Bakirkoy?
How to Get to/from New Istanbul Airport / City Center?
- Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal and can take you directly to your destination in the city center. However, traffic can be heavy during peak hours, so it may take longer than expected.
- Bus: The Havaist bus service operates from the airport to several destinations in the city center, including Taksim Square and Sultanahmet. The buses are comfortable and affordable, with prices starting at around 5 TL.
- Metro: The M11 metro line connects the airport to Gayrettepe station in just under 30 minutes, where you can transfer to other metro lines or take a taxi to your final destination.
- Private transfer: You can also arrange for a private transfer service to pick you up from the airport and take you directly to your hotel or destination in the city center.
How do I get from Sabiha Gökçen Airport to Istanbul Airport?
- Taxi: Taxis are readily available at Sabiha Gökçen Airport and can take you directly to Istanbul Airport. The journey time is typically around 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic.
- Shuttle bus: Several shuttle bus services operate between the two airports, with departures every hour or so. This is a convenient and cost-effective option, but it may take longer than a taxi due to multiple stops along the way.
- Public transportation: You can take a combination of buses and metro lines to get from Sabiha Gökçen Airport to Istanbul Airport, but this may be more time-consuming and confusing than other options.
- Private transfer: If you prefer a more comfortable and personalized experience, you can arrange for a private transfer service to take you directly from one airport to the other.